Unlock For Us

Windows Update Disables some Registry Tricks

Recently, I noticed that the latest Windows Update disables some registry settings done in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Registry hive. Seems like same thing happened with my registry hack to Re-enable/Restore Start Menu Search which I Unlock First? The latest version of Winbubble 1.74 is affected. I'm going give some examples:   

Adding Network Icon To Desktop of All Users: Not working anymore

  

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel   

   

{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C} = 1

   

Working:

   

Adding Network Icon   

   

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel

   

{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C} = 1   

   

Adding Control Panel   

   

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel   

   

{5399E694-6CE5-4D6C-8FCE-1D8870FDCBA0} = 1   

   

and many more...

   

The Good Thing:   

   

My Hidden Trick was revealed and WinBubble 1.75 will be release as soon as possible.   

   

Three Registry Settings in WinBubble doesn't work anymore. (Adding Network Icon, Control Panel Icon and Username Folder)   

   

Why Microsoft? Anyway, I don't mind... Microsoft has a reason and I'm going to respect it.

   

   

 

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm noticed that Updates disable the Aero Vista theme, and now I can't select it on my Enterprise Ed.

 

© Naga Heavy Industries (NHI) @2024| Blogger| License Agreement